The models have settled down a little and the images in this blog are pretty consistent with the forecast I have for today. This will breakdown the entire event, based on the latest forecast models... but I am sure the numbers and timing will change some over the days to come... So take this with a grain of salt. Pink represents ice or wintry mix, blue is snow, and green is rain. White would be clouds. As you can see in the image above, a little bit of the moisture will sneak in early Tuesday morning leaving us with a light coating in spots. But then the temperatures will warm.
There will be a few lingering light snow showers Wednesday... possibly adding to another inch of snow.
THERE ARE A LOT OF VARIABLES TO KEEP IN MIND:
- The ground will be warm and wet from the rain Tuesday.(snow will melt at first)
- How warm we get Tuesday. (1° means a LOT)
- How far north the rain pushes Tuesday.
- Timing of the rain to snow transition. (earlier would mean more snow)
- The dry slot (dry air pushing in Tuesday night for SW Ohio)
- The biggest variable of them all... Will the track of the storm stay the same.
Andrew Buck Michael