Thursday, February 17, 2011

Switching Cable/Internet...wait, not yet?!?!

After having numerous problems and tired of paying so much for less than great service, Dawn and I are switching cable and internet providers.  A company that Dawn and I were wanting to get finally installed service in our neighborhood, so it was time to switch.  I sat around waiting for them to arrive today and then once he tried hooking up the outside connection, it turns out there is a bad wire somewhere.  So now I have to wait until someone else fixes the wire outside either tonight before sunset or early in the morning... I am betting on the morning.  Luckily we haven't disconnected our service yet, so I was able to jump on here real quick before dinner.  Anyway, the guy today was climbing in the trees outside to try and see what he could do, but unfortunately he couldn't get anything and had to call in someone else with more equipment.  I am not too worried, Rome wasn't built in a day.

It was nice outside, but with the strong winds it was kinda nippy.  Yesterday was a little better and obviously sunnier.  Regardless, I still got out and put another 20 miles on the moped...still running strong and hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow once the rain stops and before the temperatures plummet once again.  Winter isn't over yet.  We may see more rain for early next week, but could also see snow on the back side of the system.  Still a long ways out to call just yet, but you can bet your dollar that I will be monitoring it to see what is in the works.  The good news is that it doesn't look like the frigid weather we have seen the last month.  It looks like we will be above freezing almost every afternoon, so at least if it does snow, it wont stick around too long this time.  Anyway, gotta run, have a good one!

Andrew Buck Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to the main page