Saturday, February 16, 2013
Suzuki k10 forks disassembly & assembly
Two basic types of tube forks are used. Figure 13 illustrates the first type and Figure 14 illustrates the second type.
To disassemble the first time with the outer tube nut, perform Step 1. To disassemble the second time, proceed to Step 2.
1. To disassemble the first time of fork, perform the following steps:
a. Remove fork tube head bolt. (Figure 15).
h. Slip out inner tube.
2. To disassemble the second type of fork, perform the following steps:
a. Remove the cylinder retaining bolt. See Figure 22.
b. Draw out outer tube (Figure 23).
c. Loosen upper and lower clamp bolts and remove fork tube (Figure 24).
3. Assembly is the reverse of the disassembly procedure. Keep the following points in mind:
a. Replace all O-rings and tube seals.
b. Clean inside of outer tubes with solvent before assembly.
c. Refill front forks (Chapter Two)
1. Aseemble inner and outer tubes (Figure 26) then slide them together. Check for looseness, noise, or binding. Replace defective parts.
3. Inspect the dust seal carefully. If this seal is damaged, foreign material will enter the fork.
4. Check fork spring for weark. If you replace one spring, replace the other one also.
5. Replace complete outer tube nut if the oil seal is worn or damaged.
Andrew Buck Michael